Monday 23 November 2009

FINAL SESSION -TOMORROW NIGHT

Hi, thanks for your attendance and interest at this year's 'Exploring The Subject' seminar. I hope it has been worthwhile and particular thanks to those who have attended most consistently and done the reading.

Tomorrow night I want to hear all about your essays, and officially the session is dedicated to 'Presentations'. To save time I have done my best to briefly gloss the Jacqueline Rose handout that I gave last week (see 3 short posts below this one and please note reverse order of Parts 1,2,& 3 due to blog design).

It is rather a dense piece so I hope my comments are helpful. Lacan IS difficult to get into I know but I think you will agree that he is VERY intriguing and inviteds further, patient study because, I think, he sets up the most imaginative and radical map of our dialgue with the world and eachother.

I do not have time to gloss the Judith Butler text here but I will say a few words about her ontribution to 'subject' studies.

As a final handout I will give you copies of a review of a new book called Selves, it is so full of useful quoes that it is beter to photocopy it all than to select a few. Anyone who has been ineterested in this course should find it interesting and useful.

See you tomorrow, DON'T BE AFRAID top be prepared to present your idea, everyone is here to support eachother and share ideas of how to make eah essay a rewarding and succesful exercise. IF you have any more questions about the form and process of essays I will be happy to answer those too.

No comments:

Post a Comment